[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
BSOSCBlog.com • View topic - Private Email Providers

Private Email Providers

Private Email Providers

Postby flyboy » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:57 pm

I have been concerned about the vulnerability of email since long before Edward Snowden's revelations of NSA's ongoing US email surveillance. About a year ago I switched to the 1791.com email offered by Glenn Beck's TheBlaze, based on Beck's promise that they would not divulge email info w/o a court order. A couple of days ago I got an email from 1791.com that they are abandoning their email service and selling it to some other vendor, who expects to be paid directly by users (1791.com users are already paying for access to TheBlaze). That's enough for me. I want out.

So, started looking for a new privider. I came across ProtonMail, a new startup that is based in Switzerland. They provide encrypted email services, and claim to not be subject to NSA depredations. Unfortunately, they're overwhelmed by their success, and now have a waiting list while they add more server capacity. I signed onto their waiting list. They offer a free service with limited storage, and then provide more storage for ~$60/year.

Is anyone else interested in exploring this new service? If so, I would appreciate a private message. I've no idea how long it will take to clear the waiting list. However, getting on the list is free, so the sooner the better.

flyboy
flyboy

Re: Private Email Providers

Postby jpf1030 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:31 am

Howdy flyboy,
For sure we would like to be kept in the info loop, especially after hearing so much about it at our BSOSC meeting yesterday. Just send an email to Starr as you receive updates and we can get info out to all interested group members. Thanks a bunch for your efforts...jpf
Visit SOS General Store for all your
jpf1030

Return to Communications