[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
BSOSCBlog.com • View topic - Found some great deals on silver objects

Found some great deals on silver objects

Found some great deals on silver objects

Postby wesurvive » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:06 am

I know more and more people are trying to get their silver and gold reserves built up, at least the silver part of it. I thought about where I could find cheap silver, thus remembering those antique stores and second hand stores that have all sorts of sterling silver objects and cheap silver jewelry laying around. So I went shopping one day and found so many deals I wish I had a few grand to spend and I could fill up a treasure chest pretty easy. As silver went up, their prices stayed the same on many of their silver objects. Pure silver and not silver plated that is. A set of silver spoons (12 in a box) went for 25 dollars and the fancy designs added all that much more appeal. Granted, there will be those things that they will have labeled silver, but looking it closely it should say sterling silver. If it is not labeled, then rely on your instincts of what it may be.

I bought two 4 inch sterling silver bowls for 15 bucks, which by the weight they must have weighed several ounces each. I can always melt these down into silver slugs or ingots. Nice to have on hand anyway. There will be someone who may trade for the bowls just as they are too. At least it is a nice trade option to have on hand. I also found a place that was still selling silver dollars for 10 dollars each for the worn ones, and 15 for the better quality ones. Not bad to load up on the worn ones.

Bad part is, I could easily spend a few paychecks in the second hand stores on just silver alone. They have so much of it sitting there in those stores and most likely don't know what they have or what it is worth. Saw a sterling silver 8 inch Montana Silver spoon for 4 bucks, must have been 5 ounces of silver in that thing. It was like hitting a silver mine load. haha.

Just thought I would mention that. In case there are those out there that are looking for some nice silver objects or coins. Also, keep checking your pocket change. I found more silver coins in the last few months in my pocket than I had in my cookie jar from years past. I think people are getting so broke, the kids are using their silver coins to buy things now in the stores like its just every day pocket change.
You Must Survive. So prepare for it.
wesurvive

Re: Found some great deals on silver objects

Postby jpf1030 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:20 am

One of our members just told me last week about an old antique store in Missoula that had a bunch of silver bowls, serving pieces, etc. for cheap as you mention, so there's still bargains out there. We teach in our classes to get junk silver (pre-65 US silver coins), silver rounds and fractionals. We have a had a couple of trader's markets in BSOSC meetings and it is now a regular event. No FRAUDS (Federal Reserve Accounting Unit Denominations) allowed, as silver or commodities must be used. We came up with a simple conversion formula for .999 silver rounds and 90% silver US coins. We may go ahead and add the simple conversion formula for .925 sterling silver. It was chaos at our first market, better at the next one and fairly smooth at the last one. We look forward to the next one this Saturday.

For 3 1/2 years I have been screaming to get out of FRAUDS and into metals. Now I'm advising folks to be ready to start liquidating some of their metals for life commodities, both for living and barter and even backing for B-Bucks in our ICE (Intentional Community Economy) system. ICE and B-Bucks are explained in detail in prior posts...jpf
Visit SOS General Store for all your
jpf1030

Postby lrodgers » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:12 am

It is speculative investment and a hedge against inflation. Unlike gold, silver has many industrial uses in modern electronic equipment.

Lisa Rodgers
lrodgers

Postby shgrunewald » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:07 am

Silver is almost at par with gold, making it a good investment nowadays as one of the precious metals.
Sarah Grunewald
shgrunewald

Return to Precious Metals