[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
BSOSCBlog.com • View topic - Urgent!! HR 875 Food Safety Modernization Act 2009

Urgent!! HR 875 Food Safety Modernization Act 2009

This forum is for visitors who choose to register and become a blog member. They can then post inquiries that will be answered by the task force leaders. After the inquiry is answered the question and answer will be moved to the corresponding task force forum.

Urgent!! HR 875 Food Safety Modernization Act 2009

Postby Tom » Mon May 31, 2010 1:25 am

I've just recently became acquainted with your group, but I'd like to make you all aware of a threatening Bill that has already passed the House, but not yet the Senate. I urge you to spread the word. I'm sure your preparedness circles are larger than mine. You must contact your Congressman to oppose this Bill. If passed into law it will severely threaten self-reliance and destroy the small farmer and local food movement. Contact your Congressman here: http://www.usa.gov/Contact/Elected.shtml

You can get the summary of the bill and read the full bill here: http://nourishedkitchen.com/fight-hr-87 ... t-of-2009/

Here's the letter I sent to my Congressmen and Senators in CT. Please use it if you like for expedience:

HR 875, The Food Safety Modernization Act of 2009. I am emphatically opposed to HR 875. If made law, this would NOT bring greater accountability to our imperiled food system. Indeed, with salmonella-infected peanuts and spinach laced with e-coli, who isn’t crying out for improvements in food safety?

HR 875 fails miserably in promoting food safety. Rather, than promoting true accountability and proper farming techniques that minimize the risk of introducing pathogens into the food supply, it simply will create greater barriers for our already struggling small farms and farmers markets.

HR 875 is such a massive bill, with such massive requirements and restrictions that, in effect, only huge agribusinesses would be able to effectively meet all its requirements. The small family farm would be history and, along with it, farmstands, farmers markets, most food cooperatives and CSAs.

I'm fully aware that Rosa Delauro of CT who introduced HR 875 in February is married to Stanley Greenberg. Stanley Greenberg is a political consultant whose clients have included Monsanto–Monsanto, the same corporation, who blessed us with RBGH and genetically engineered seeds. I seriously doubt the trust Ms. Delauro or her husband to make these kinds of decisions for the American people?

As a proud American, I am claiming my right along with all American citizens to preserve the right of self-determination in our food use and sources. I ASK YOU, DO NOT MAKE FOOD ILLEGAL. This is without doubt anathema to our independence, freedom and the basic rights of man. Americans are paying attention.
Tom

Re: Urgent!! HR 875 Food Safety Modernization Act 2009

Postby jpf1030 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:44 pm

Howdy Tom,

Thanks for dropping in for a visit and posting about HR 875. Yes, we are aware of and concerned with HR 875 and have been actively opposing it here in the Bitterroot Valley. We wish you much success in your prep efforts and hope you find some info of use here on our site.

Happy Preparedness Trails,

Jim
Visit SOS General Store for all your
jpf1030

Return to BSOSC Member Comments & Inquiries