[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
BSOSCBlog.com • View topic - JPF reply to Tom S. response on welcome letter

JPF reply to Tom S. response on welcome letter

This forum is for visitors who choose to register and become a blog member. They can then post inquiries that will be answered by the task force leaders. After the inquiry is answered the question and answer will be moved to the corresponding task force forum.

JPF reply to Tom S. response on welcome letter

Postby jpf1030 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:27 am

Howdy All,
I felt remiss in not writing a personal welcome letter to all who have become members of this http://www.bsoscblog.com.
Finally, I got around to writing those letters to those that I could. Prior to March 1st, 2010, Jeff did not have the registration set up to provide us the contact info for people registering here. So to those of you who registered prior to 03/01/10, my apologies for not sending a personal welcome email letter to you, since we do not know who you are or how to contact you. Below is a reply from one of the http://www.bsoscblog.com members receiving the welcome letter from me. I have replied to his comments. The combined correspondence is posted below. Tom S. made some good comments. I have removed his last name and email address to respect his privacy...jpf

Howdy Tom,

Good to hear from you. I will reply to your letter below in this blue text...Jim

**************************************************************************************************************************************
--- On Sat, 7/17/10, Thomas S wrote:

Subject: RE: Tom S., welcome to BSOSC blog
To: jpf@sosgeneralstore.com
Date: Saturday, July 17, 2010, 10:58 AM

Hello Jim,

I found your comments on another site: Radical Relocalization. Andrew seems like a really good guy. I enjoyed doing the radio interview with him. Looks like you have a nice group of folks. Yea, just a bunch of down-home, non-pretentious and awakened folks wanting to work together to learn and prepare. I particularly liked all the ham radio experience. We are very excited to learn ham and get our emergency communication network set up. It is really fun every Wednesday night to have the valley watch net. A lot of people, now with ham licenses, check in. Task Force leaders give reports on activities in their respective prep areas. I'm thinking of adding another feature of having each person checking in to report what they did in the week since the last valley watch net in regard to their personal prep efforts. This would be an encouraging motivational tool for all of us. I personally do not have such a radio, but am interested in it. Please, I encourage you to follow up on your interest. Feel free to ask questions on http://www.bsoscblog.com and members will be very happy to share helpful info. We all bought radios from Ham Radio Outlet. They have 18 stores around the nation. We pretty much overall selected the Yaesu 2900 to get the most bang for the buck. It is a mobile 2 meter radio that all of us are also using as a base station. In our valley watch net, we have started having a follow-up net check-in on an open frequency that does not require a ham license. This enables BSOSC members without a license to participate and report. By programming our radios to always be scanning these and other frequencies, we will always be able to respond to anyone in an emergency situation or trying to make an emergency alert for all. These available non-licensed frequencies are called itinerant frequencies. There are also a lot of business frequencies that are not being used in an area that can be used by non-licensed operators. I can certainly see the advantages for communication under certain circumstances. I reckon you already see the advantages in my aforementioned benefits!

Your groups helped me also realize that you don’t need a “commune” of like-minded folks to achieve preparedness for hard times, but that a local network of such folks can be just as affective. That is a very valuable and astute observation on your part. People can't use the excuse that they need to find a "group" to join before they can start really meaningful prep efforts. I know the forces of good (God, the universe, et al) are waiting to help us if we will get off our duff and just start prepping. Only then will we be led to others and ideas that will benefit one and all. Your reply is so important, that I will post it with this reply on the http://www.bsoscblog.com.

Best regards,
Tom

Happy Preparedness Trails,

Jim
Visit SOS General Store for all your
jpf1030

Return to BSOSC Member Comments & Inquiries