[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
BSOSCBlog.com • View topic - Getting fit for the trail

Getting fit for the trail

Getting fit for the trail

Postby wesurvive » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:14 pm

I just thought I would add, I am not in the best shape I should be at the moment and in the past 5 years I kept telling myself I had to get in tip top shape, but the months just seem to fly by and I had my fill of delicious deserts and the holidays just seem to always be there when I want to get into shape.

So anyway, I have decided its really time to get serious and get into some sort of shape if I am going to be on the trail. I remember what I used to do during my heavy weight lifting days was have a written schedule of what exercises I was going to do that day, and every day. After a few months I was 215 pounds and had 13 percent body fat. Not bad for constant working out only 1 hour a day after my work. So I plan on doing it again. However, the key was 1 hour a day workout. Now, to include my trail training I will put on my full ruck sack (which is 4 times the weight of a bug out bag) and walk at least 2 miles with it each day.

Before it as all about excuses and if you are like me, a day can seem to fly by and then we are tired and just want to relax, but in these final days, there is no time for relaxation and its time to get serious about getting in shape or suffer when we have to hit the trail.

We don't have to over do it, just start slowly and work our way up as we go. No sense in throwing out a hip in the first week. So after a quick swig of apple cider vinegar (ack, eek, it tastes bad, but is good for the blood and body) and a glass of grape juice to kill the taste, I am ready to get to work and get in shape.

So anyway this is my workout each day for one hour. Maybe two if I get the energy.
50-100 Pushups and work my way up.
20 sit ups of 2 sets of right side and left side. Hopefully double it in a week.
1 nut cruncher, (splits or actually its like a leg stretch since that is all the further I can get.)
20 reps of 100 pounds over my head. Med kit is near by.
Then walk for 2 miles with 65 pound ruck sack on my back. 1 mile uphill and 1 mile downhill.
Increase the mileage each week.
That is it. Easy enough.

Anyone getting started on their workout besides me?
You Must Survive. So prepare for it.
wesurvive

Re: Getting fit for the trail

Postby Rojelio » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:45 am

I've got a spinning bike in my basement set up in front of a DVD player. I want to get a cargo bike and use it more and more to move stuff around as time goes by. I'd like to get hold of one of those saws the loggers used in the 1800s and get together with someone here in the valley and saw some logs.
Rojelio

Postby jpf1030 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:35 pm

Be sure to ask about the hand sawing logs when you come out for a meeting. We should be able to accommodate you in that regard...jpf
Visit SOS General Store for all your
jpf1030

Postby Rojelio » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:23 am

If a guy started sawing logs right now and kept doing every single day, he might do well in the 2012 local boxing matches and even win a couple pieces of silver!
Rojelio

Return to Fitness Training For Survival