[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
BSOSCBlog.com • View topic - Update: 12/23/10 ICE-Production System-Cottage Ind.

Update: 12/23/10 ICE-Production System-Cottage Ind.

Update: 12/23/10 ICE-Production System-Cottage Ind.

Postby jpf1030 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:44 am

Howdy All,
My previous letters and postings on developing a production system for people to generate a livelihood through cottage industries has been gaining momentum. A few people have talked and written to me about their personal financial relief hopes via a system such as this. Tonight, I responded to two of those email letters in this regard. To avoid repeating a bunch of details, I will post the letters below. It may be easier to understand in reading the second one first, but not absolutely necessary...jpf
*****************************************************************************************************************************
Howdy Sxxxxxxxx,

Great to hear from you. You are a perfect example of the good people I reference in the BSOSC ICE Production System Plan of Cottage Businesses, being an honest, hard-working lady willing to produce something of value, if given an opportunity. I will respond within your letter in this blue text...Jim

Subject: Re: Jim Farley Update On SOS/BSOSC DIY Self-Reliance Group 6 of 6
To: jpf@sosgeneralstore.com
Date: Tuesday, December 21, 2010, 12:41 PM

Hi Jim and Starr!
I know it's been a long time since I've been in touch....life's been kinda rough and I Know you Know how that is....Yep, there has never been in our lives, this magnitude of all encompassing financial struggle for everyone, that is not a govt. employee!
Reading this gave me a real boost today :)Yea! and I thank you for alllll the wonderful things you are doing. You are so welcome. Here are some ways we here at the lil blue box on the mountain prairie might be able to fit in:
We've been working to establish honey bee hives...we have 3 organic and healthy ones thus far plus we are planning to add 2 more this coming spring. We have enough equipment to add 3 but we need to buy the bees if our plans to split hives don't work out. I have recipes to make every hygiene and cleaning product known to humankind from what I harvest from a bee hive. As soon as you have some bee products ready, we will gladly bring them to market for you through our store. We sell a good bit of honey and a product called Total Bee + with bee pollen, propolis, royal jelly, etc.
I am a proficient seamstress, knitter, crocheter, macramer, etc. and we raise llamas. We also have an agreement with the lady who adopted two of our llamas with champion coats where she gives us all the wool she shears. We could try marketing the raw wool for you until you have the capability of turning it into a VAP (Value Added Product). I know how to spin it to make yarns and felt (fabric) but have not yet acquired a spinning wheel or loom. I have been saving llama wool for years though. Maybe we can help you locate a spinning wheel and loom. Let Starr know if you would like assistance in this manner.
I would be willing to teach anyone who wants to learn any of these skills. That would be great! You will have to start coming to our BSOSC meetings again.
Every since you gave me the "Contact has Begun" cd and supported my campaign in the awesome way you did, I knew we were kindred spirits :) You bet we are! Let me know if you see any way we can fit into the awesome scene of what you guys are doing over there We will make a way for you to fit in! Anyone like you with the gumption, along with "gitup and go" to want to start a little cottage business will always get our efforts to try to help you get going. and in the meantime, take care, have a truly loving and joyous holiday season. We wish you and yours a Very Merry Christmas and Prepared New Year!
sieglinde

p.s. It is not just Dan and I here anymore...my son, his wife, and their 4 year old daughter are now here too. She has really been struggling with the job scene so we do have some hands here ready to dive into work :) The greedy banksters in bed with the corrupt politicians may have knocked us all down, but they won't keep us down! Now just to figure out ways to put all those idle hands in your cottage to work in your business!

Happy Preparedness Trails,

Jim
PS: Below is a letter I sent tonight on this subject to a friend down in La. that you may find of interest.

************************************************************************************************************************
Howdy Axxx,

Please don't think I did not appreciate your suggestion. In fact, quite the opposite, your suggestions are much appreciated. I can bring the product idea to one of the locals who is really struggling financially to see if they would like to make up one of the units. We can then advertise it to see if there would be any interest. Who knows, I may be pleasantly surprised to see people clamoring for them!

I firmly feel to be on the right track in this campaign to initiate small cottage businesses to bring opportunity and hope to all those hard working people now struggling with dead-end or no jobs because of the economic oppression leveled on all of us by the horrific greed of politicos, democrats and republicans alike. Govt. will never help people to help themselves to be independent. People like me and many others, who are willing to put in the time and effort, who work hard, along with being semi-bright, can do more for restoring economic hope than govt. will ever do.

When we scrape enough funds together to finish our new shop, our intent is to keep going on this to provide a place for budding cottage business folks to have a place to make their wares until they can afford to have their own facilities.

More people are contacting me about what they can produce, so hopefully this effort is already generating enough self-belief in folks that they will try their hand at producing some product that will be desired by people concerned with self-reliance preparedness, be it marketed to those for reducing their cost of living or for emergency purposes.

This cottage industry sponsorship model could be adopted anywhere there is some owner of a place and tools where a (BE) budding entrepreneur could come to get started on building their idea into a viable product. The shop owner could benefit in a profit sharing program with the BE by selling the product directly or indirectly.

Once the BE enjoys increasing degrees of success they could put in their own shop and start offering jobs to the larger segment of the population that will never have the drive or other wherewithal to be more than a good employee.

There are tens of thousands of these cottage industry small organic farmers around the nation now. Their product will always be in growing demand. As you mentioned once, organic, heirloom, non-hybrid seed producers are another much needed cottage industry. The list of possibilities is immense.

All a person needs for thought stimulation of potential products is to ask themselves this question, "What would be a list of the most important things I would want to have on hand in the event of a major, extended crash of the power grid or the US dollar, etc.?" It is guaranteed a list of ideas would automatically start flowing from their minds to their pens and paper.

The problem with our current extreme economic recession not recovering is that people keep waiting on govt. to take care of it. All they can do is print fiat money for non-production, short term public works projects and bail out mega corporations.

Small business is the backbone of the American economy. Cottage industries are the birthplaces of successful small businesses. Large businesses can only come from successful small businesses. It takes these 1-2-3 steps to create real production, which will come from any of us who have the right heart to accommodate those wanting to start tiny little cottage industries. Never forget, some kind hearted soul provided Bill Gates and crew a home garage to start in, not that I can find hardly a thing to agree with in his philosophy and politics!

Ok, I've ranted and raved long enough to more than make the point I'm always preaching to our crew, "There is never an insolvable problem, we only a solution opportunity."

Happy Preparedness Trails,

Jim
Visit SOS General Store for all your
jpf1030

Return to Production System: Cottage Industries