Quotes and thoughts to ponder

Quotes and thoughts to ponder

Postby montanamac » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:51 pm

I thought I would share some of the quotes that I have gathered over the years ...

"In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." -- Mark Twain

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -- Edmund Burke

"Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty." -- Wendell Phillips,

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams

"For those looking for security, be forewarned that there's nothing more insecure than a political promise." -- Harry Browne

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free ... it expects what never was and never will be." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Tyranny is always better organized than freedom." -- Charles Peguy.

"The greatest tyrannies are always perpetrated in the name of the noblest causes." -- Thomas Paine

"Maybe I did well and maybe I led the battle but nobody ever said we were going to win this thing at any point in time. Eternal vigilance is required and there have to be people who step up to the plate, who believe in liberty, and who are willing to fight for it." -- Milton Friedman

"Those who have been once intoxicated with power and have derived any kind of emolument from it can never willingly abandon it." -- Edmund Burke

"Voting is no substitute for the eternal vigilance that every friend of freedom must demonstrate towards government. If our freedom is to survive, Americans must become far better informed of the dangers from Washington -- regardless of who wins the Presidency." -- James Bovard in Voting is Overrated

"No man is entitled to the blessings of freedom unless he be vigilant in its preservation." -- General Douglas MacArthur

Mac
montanamac

Return to Awakening