[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
BSOSCBlog.com • View topic - Timely Current Chaos Article-Retired Military Intel. Officer

Timely Current Chaos Article-Retired Military Intel. Officer

Timely Current Chaos Article-Retired Military Intel. Officer

Postby jpf1030 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:57 pm

Howdy Ya'll,
Below is an article from today's issue of my subscription to the Safe Ark 2 newsletter. It is in the last slot normally reserved for the national prep coordinator of Safe Ark 2, but he is out with an injury for awhile. Last week a retired military intelligence officer, going by the handle "Trim", filled in to write the "prep" type ending article. His background, experiences and current global scenarios knowledge were pretty amazing. Now he has followed up this week with a 'heads-up' alert as to what he sees coming. Though it is nothing new at all, his point of view on information most preppers are aware of is such a well written assessment of the current national and global situation. Hopefully, the next 21 to 60 days will be mostly uneventful, but the potential for life changing events appears to be relatively high. Now is the time to reassess your most important prep supply needs. To get prepared effectively, use the 3 step approach and you will be surprised at the success of your efforts. These 3 steps are: 1) Intention; 2) Vision; and 3) Action. At least half of every successful project is just getting started! Start today with a focused effort on these 3 steps and you will be amazed at what you get done.
Happy Preparedness Trails,
jpf
*************************************************************************************************************************

Patrick has had an accident that has hurt his hand so that he cannot write his column. We anticipate that he will be incapacitated for the next couple of weeks.
Trim is going to write it for him until he can resume. (Bruce)
Greetings from the beautiful prairie,
This week I'd like to begin with a discussion on the issues of a "post nuclear" environment. We are nearing a point where someone (and it looks like the North Koreans are vying for the position) wants to destroy the entire United States of America with some sort of weapon attack. I am firmly convinced that this is their intent and they are working feverishly to meet that goal. Whether they use something that actually does physical damage to "things" or they use a fissionable weapon to shut off our electricity for the next 10 years or so, is to me, currently immaterial. It is like saying the size of the bullet that killed him matters. No, it doesn't. Dead is dead. There are no levels or partial conditions of dead. They intend to destroy everything and anything they can. They are NOT alone in this regard.
There is NO shortage of people in this world who would like nothing better than to see the USA destroyed, both physically, militarily and financially so as to send us back to a "banana republic" level of function. The worst part of this is that it is now quite apparent that they currently have the resources to do it. We have believed that our government has taken all the steps possible to ensure our safety as mandated by the Constitution for so many years. My confidence in the performance of that duty is waning. I am deeply concerned that there really is NO cavalry coming if some hateful individual gets in a "sucker punch" and causes serious harm to our country, and our way of life.
The "Progressives" want to shame us and convince us to hang our heads because they have made up many lies about what the people of the USA have done to destroy the lives of others such as claiming that the USA stole the land from Mexico which is now California, NM, AZ and Texas. Nope, sorry, homey don't play dat"
They keep trying to "shame us" for everything that happens in the world that they "say" is bad. OK, well if this is such a "bad country" why is everyone in the world, (and I do mean the entire world" trying to come here? Why are there no people attempting to "escape" from the US like they did in East Berlin? Sorry, the "Progressives" are rich people, telling the poor people that the rich people are the reason that they are still poor." What malarkey! The USA rebuilt Germany after they tried to kill us all. IS that the way of bad people in a bad system? I think not.
Despite this, the situation has nearly reached a point where one is going to be, in some real way, forced to take some aggressive action to protect themselves from an economic disaster. Just tonight I read that Sears and Kmart are going to close because they can't meet their obligations. Whether we need this type of retail "giant" in the country can be debated by those with degrees in economics and I am NOT one of those. I do see it as more jobs lost and less folks able to feed themselves for any number of reasons.
But, more importantly, this is only the symptom of the impending disease. These two large retailers get much of their goods from overseas. We, the American people have been buying goods from other nations, of which China is a major player. If we stop buying their goods, they lose their jobs...and the only resolution for this kind of economic disaster historically has always been war.
War doesn't fix things, it destroys things...and people. The problem though is this time, it will come home to US. The world wants us to suffer because they have been and will always be jealous of our ideals of freedom and our ability to achieve our freedom. How many signs have you seen muslims holding up that say "Freedom go to He**"? What are they really saying? Well at the moment, it really doesn't matter because they are bound and determined to destroy that freedom any way they can.
There is only one way to approach this and that is to use our heads to create a mindset which will help us adapt and overcome the dilemmas with which we are about to be faced. That's right. We have to "THINK" our way out of this. For so long most have merely spent time thinking about paying the bills, getting a better job, and the list goes on. The demands of everyday life, whether here or in any other country of the world generally consume much of people's "mental day". While we all have 24 hours in a day, we need to examine how much of that day we spend on which pursuits. How we spend our time and "mental energy" is the issue. This leads me to the next part of this discussion.
As I said, I am convinced we are tracking, (the whole world) toward an economic disaster which will make "The Great Depression" seem like a walk in the park. An EMP by North Korea will only make it worse and there are several other threats that add to the potential catastrophic changes we are facing. The question I raised in the last newsletter was to ask you about what you would do in such a situation.
But let's do an exercise. Assume that you are going to bed tonight as always, with no worry of any substantial nature, your family is healthy, your income pays your bills, you have a few bucks in the bank and you have a good education which is free of a debt burden and Mom and Dad are still living independently. Life is (as we know it) pretty good tonight.
Now, after hours of good sleep, you wake up feeling astoundingly good as though you really got enough sleep and look over at the electronic clock on your night table...NOTHING...no red numbers. WTFO?
Well, OK, so you get up and head off to the bathroom (c'mon every one in the world does it) and as you walk into the BR, you hit the switch and nothing happens. (That's twice! )
We have a saying in the field of military "intelligence". "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence, but three times IS ENEMY ACTION." You're still not concerned because after the morning ritual, you leave the BR (even hitting the switch) and walk over to the kitchen to start your morning coffee. Boom, THREE TIMES...(definitely Enemy Action now). OK, so you still aren't all that concerned because it is early Fall and it is kind of cold out but you still haven't noticed how cold it feels in the house. You are wearing your house shoes and bathrobe so you aren't uncomfortable but now you walk over to the thermostat on the wall and it reads: NOTHING. Dang, you bought that new electronic thermostat and threw away that old mercury thermometer/bimetal-gauge one two years ago. And then it hits you...YOU CAN SEE YOUR BREATH IN THE HOUSE! Now that's not funny...
This isn't funny anymore, but still, you aren't all that concerned because it did snow last night and that means there are probably some downed power lines in the area and the electric company guys are already on scene fixing the problem...but no...not this time. This time it is different. Those guys are home too. They slept in this morning, too! They didn't get called in to work because the phone didn't work. You pick up your cell phone and NOTHING. Hmmm. This is getting a bit old now. First, no clock and no light in the BR. Then no electric on the stove. Then no heat in the house...then no phone. Things are starting to become concerning because the children are now waking up crying because they are cold.
You are looking out the window and there is some heavy, white, thick snow on everything...a little early in the year but OK, that happens, some years...
Are you starting to feel a bit concerned now? If not, you should be. I am convinced that this is a scenario we are ALL facing in the not too distant future. The difference between a power failure for a few hours or a few days is (of course) no big deal it is (in the words of one of my Navy leaders, "an annoyance". It doesn't "consume you".
But, now let's suppose it doesn't get fixed after a week or so. (The German gov't just told folks to have 10 days food and water in their house...any idea why they said that now?) You already went through all the gasoline you stored in your garage to operate your generator and things are beginning to get interesting.
Your neighbors have all been "discussing it" while they shovel the snow from around their (now dead cars) and they are convinced this is "just a simple, temporary problem". The radio hasn't worked all week and neither has the TV. Your computer has been dead and everything in the house no longer works...dead as a stone. NOW WHAT? If you got to this point, and you haven't said, "No problem, I've got this stuff well in hand" then you are going to be eternally "behind the 8 ball" because the cavalry "ain't acomin' and you are starting to get upset answering all the questions from the children about "what is there to do?" O, yeah, did I mention that your spouse is away at their mother's house across the nation and can't get home?
Well, friends and neighbors, this is where we get out the paper books we have been storing and look up how to do this stuff. A lot has been written about all this for years now, but it was all available "on the net" so why bother with those old books? "Hmmm, where was that technical manual I had when I was in the Army?"
So Just how far back in history will we have to go? My guess is somewhere between the civil war and WW I. Not really sure exactly where the dice will land on that one but one thing I am convinced about is that the first things to go through our minds will NOT be GOVERNMENT and its operation unless we are in the 47% of Americans whose sole source of resources is from government handouts of one sort or another.
Actually, most people don't really THINK about government much. If you don't get pounded about it by the MSM, you really don't spend much of your "mental day" thinking about what goes on in Washington, despite the fact that it would be a lot better if you DID.
So, now you're thinking, "where are you going with this?" and the answer is to some extent, simple. Allow me to explain. You remember last week I mentioned that you will NOT always find me in agreement with Bruce on a number of issues and this is one such issue.
My position is that after a major catastrophic event, people are NOT going to spend much of their mental energy deciding on who should "be in charge" when everyone will be similarly affected by the events of the catastrophe. In fact, most people don't put that much energy into worrying about "who is in Charge" on any daily basis. They DO put their energy into, 1) food, clothing and shelter and 2) how to pay for it.
While I am NOT going to attempt to destroy or denigrate Bruce's supposition that the first thing people are going to want to do is choose leaders I will give you an alternative approach. We all know that there are about 3 kinds of leaders. There are the ones who use the "Pay to play" system. Kings, Heads-of-State, etc have that system. Then there is the bully type that will either beat you or kill someone and threaten you if you don't do what they say and then there is the "born leader" whose interpersonal skills and communication style influence others to do what THEY want them to do but with this difference. They do it WILLINGLY. That is the true definition of leadership and it is the most effective of all the rest because it is pure. There are no personal consequences for "doing the right thing".
So now we must consider what it is that people will REALLY concern themselves with after either an EMP, detonation of a WMD or a massive economic disaster where the supply chain is immutably damaged and not likely to recover for a protracted period of time. What will YOU be thinking about after you crawl up out of the cellar and realize that a) you are still alive as are those in your house and b) you realize that something serious has just happened that will change how you live for the foreseeable future.
My guess is that you are going to be immediately concerned with, a) your next glass of water (clean, hopefully) b) your next meal and c) who else is around after THAT happened?" It will take a fairly long time for folks to begin realizing that the changes that have just occurred were pretty much the same for everyone, not just you. OK, so this means you are going to have to 1) put on your big kid panties" and take charge of your own existence...which includes getting food, water, heat, etc. No one is going to bring a FEMA trailer and have you move into it while they feed you three times a day. NOPE...that isn't going to happen.
All right. We've now established that things have "gone sour" and you are on your own for most of your existence. I hear all the "Jeremiah Johnson" types who think they are going to run to the mountains and live in the woods. Believe me, few of them have ever done it for more than a few days. Once the "novelty" wears off, they are going to be realizing that there just isn't enough "woods" out there to support all the "Jeremiah Johnson" types, and they are going to have to take a different approach to "survival".
This brings me to the fundamental debate between Bruce and me, regarding the immediate aftermath or as Dr. Wm. R. Forstchen says it, "One SECOND After". I will give you MY approach which differs substantially from that as proposed by Bruce and the "Progressive Democracy" proponents.
As I mentioned earlier, once the "catastrophe" actually happens, the "mental energy" of everyone is going to be physical survival and acquiring the things necessary to affect that survival. While I do agree that economic recovery and the organization of such a recovery will require a great deal of consideration, most people who are left alive will be putting a lot more energy in simply staying alive. They won't have a WalMart to run to because the car won't start, there IS NO Walmart and there is no gas to fuel the car even if there was a car that runs.
What I propose is a bit simpler. First I will state at the outset that we have a good system of self-governance and that does not need to be "re-designed". I make the analogy of a highly sophisticated, technologically superior designed sports car which was assembled with poor quality, junk parts and is about to stop working altogether. I propose that we simply rebuild the car with the correctly designed and manufactured parts according to the engineers who designed it. Then it will go back to running as it should. The same holds true with our current government employees all the way to the POTUS. We need honesty back in the game.
Because of the catastrophic failure in this situation, we are now going to be faced with a major set of dilemmas that will change the fundamental approach to everything. Rather than starting by "choosing leaders", which has always been not only difficult, but extremely tricky, we need to concentrate on organizing ourselves in terms of the "skill sets" we require to survive. The distance we have to travel back in time will define the skill sets we will need most. However, it is clear that we will have a LOT MORE PEOPLE on the earth than we did in the past. They all eat, sleep, create waste, etc. Most of THEIR mental energy is going to be spent trying to find food, water, shelter, warmth and a clean place to sit in the morning (IYKWIM).
Assuming the premise that a significantly higher number of American citizens WILL live through the "initial event" which I call "phase I," the next phase is the one to which I believe we need to turn our attention. That involves the skill sets which come from the time in history that our great-grandparents knew. As I have said in the past, it will be somewhere between the American Civil War and WW I. That was a time when people did NOT have electricity or very little (mostly) and they still had full, happy lives.
I believe we too, can learn to live at that technological level and still learn to use what we have already seen, sometimes in what many of us call "junk-yards." Once we are able to "get back to living" rather than "surviving", we will be able to get creative and figure out things we should have known many years in the past. Nicolai Tesla's name comes to mind. If we are to regain our use of energy in any form it is going to have to come from our own ability to harvest it on an individual basis, rather than have the "oil companies" dictate to us. We can use energy from Water, from the sun and from the wind. We can learn to extract energy from all of these and get on with a completely rebuilt economic system based on human ingenuity and hard work...just like "in the old days".
As a boy, I visited the Pennsylvania Dutch area in a small town called Kutztown, PA. It was less than a day's drive from my home and my parents would take us to their annual Pennsylvania Dutch Fair where they had demonstrations of all the various "skill sets" necessary to sustain life at that time before massive amounts of energy were made available to the average citizen. This fair included every phase of life, which actually included a public hanging at noon on Saturday (of a dummy). The point was that this too, was a part of society in terms of dealing with heinous crime.
As the day wound to a close, there was a big tent where a square dance was held and the music was so powerful to me that I eventually began to play the banjo (which I still do to this day). I learned "clogging" which is a form of dance and it was immensely fun. The whole day was spent learning about the various skill sets that made life work. So it is that I too, recommend that approach. Before we worry about "governance" (which we already have) we need to worry about getting food on the table, water into the glass and wood in the stove".
In the book "One Second After" I spent a lot of time thinking about all the mistakes the people in that town made because they didn't begin to deal with the long term problems early enough. They spent all of their time in Crisis Management, rather than in Crisis recovery and then "getting on with life in the New Normal".
So in essence, I am suggesting that we look at assembling the "skill sets" that will be needed to sustain life "AFTER the Great Catastrophe" as soon as possible and once that is established, then we can go about worrying about "who is in charge!" Till you have a full belly, the issue of In Charge has little or no value. You just won't need THAT MANY insurance salesmen in your town. They and their "type"("suits"is what we call them) will have to learn to do real "work" like hoeing crops or cutting fire wood.
To that end I submit the following. After reading the "exercise" above, I would ask each and every reader of this newsletter to sit down with paper and pen and write down in as much detail as possible EXACTLY WHAT THE FIRST 10 THINGS THEY WILL DO "ONE SECOND AFTER" they become aware of the seriousness of the situation. Just imagine the scene I described above at the very first moment you realize that it HAS happened and construct a plan of the first ten things you will do. It doesn't matter what they are to me...but they should MATTER TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.
Once you have done that, then calculate how much time you spent thinking about "who's in charge" and I believe you will come to the conclusion that living is a much more demanding pursuit than anyone previously imagined. Eventually, you will want to have interaction with folks on a larger scale than just you and your family. You will want the road to be passable to town, etc. That is the function of government; to manage the business of the collective people, not to be their "masters". but first it will be necessary to get YOURSELF organized before you mess around in "other people's business!"
Little doubt this will be difficult for some of you but then lots of things about this entire scenario are much more difficult than just reading it. The practice and application of it will change you forever...in this life anyway. I hope we are all ready...I believe it is "just around the corner".
Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni
Trim sends
//BT//
Visit SOS General Store for all your
jpf1030

Re: Timely Current Chaos Article-Retired Military Intel. Off

Postby Nanana12 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:22 am

Thanks for the info
Nanana12

Return to Awareness