[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
BSOSCBlog.com • View topic - Making It Through The "Storm" Into The Future

Making It Through The "Storm" Into The Future

Making It Through The "Storm" Into The Future

Postby jpf1030 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:42 am

Howdy Y'all,
I have written the below letter which we sent out to our BSOSC self-reliance preparedness group, local and distance. It also has the latest from "Trim" which should give folks some food for thought...jpf
*************************************************************************************************************************
Howdy BSOSC Folks,
Last month Starr sent out a blog from a retired military intelligence officer, going by the handle "Trim", in one of my prep email subscriptions in which he layed out the critical need for a "Top 10" priority list of must do actions immediately upon occurrence of a catastrophic event. This hit home like a ton of bricks. Starr sent this out to the BSOSC email list notifying folks we were scheduling a special meeting for dealing with this.

We had a special BSOSC meeting and pot luck dinner on Friday evening, Sept. 30th for developing a "Top 10" list of first things we must do when the major catastrophe event does come. We additionally expanded this to include compiling a must do "Top 10" to finish preparing before the event. All at the meeting gave good input. All were asked to email their lists ideas to Starr so we could compile everybody's input to send out for all those participating. This is so critically important because absolutely no one can think anywhere near 100% coherently when a disastrous event has hit.

We had personal experience of this "mental incontinence" with the instantly exploding Roaring Lion Fire a few months ago. We had not pre-written an immediate disaster response prioritized "must do first list". Even after 38 years of being at some level of prepping, we found ourselves more than a tad bit reactionary spending too much time deciding our response action if forced to evacuate. Instead of having a well organized written action plan we were trying to do many things at once while trying to think of tasks for others to do in the process. This was a very near miss (a few hundred yards) reminder of our lackadaisical and complacent attitude that came so close to being a disastrous loss from which we would have never been able to fully recover.

The major wake up call was how incredibly fast the totally unexpected can befall any of us. In the early days of the now, 8 years of BSOSC meetings we used to harp on our developing disaster response team and development of a number of EES (Emergency Evacuation Shelter) facilities around the valley that various members could provide. At one time we had 5 of us willing to provide an EES, inviting people to store 3 weeks to 3 months of their supplies at one or more EES locations. This is so important in the crucial initial phase of an event that people be able to gather together for safety in numbers.

We had numerous meetings classes on this subject. Sadly, very, very few people ever elected to participate in being part of one of the EES's. As a result, all that planning effort and facilities developing just withered away from complacent lack of participation. I am torn now as to whether we should make any renewed effort to re-establish the EES program or quit banging our head on the wall with such an effort.

Even among almost all those seeing enough importance in attending the "Top 10 List" meeting have yet to email their ideas on it to Starr, though everyone in attendance seemed to agree to do so because we offered to compile and send out to them all the information in master lists of pre and post "Top 10" actions that should be on the minds of all.

Today the new issue of the Safe Ark newsletter came in with the latest writing of Trim which I have copied and am pasting below. It deals with another subject which has been much discussed over the years at our BSOSC meetings. Starr and I are simply offering it for contemplation by the BSOSC group. If anyone desires to expound upon Trim's counsel in this writing, email Starr and we will see what we can do...Jim
*************************************************************************************************************************
Good Evening,
Today I'd like to talk about the future. It will NOT be a pleasant discussion but a necessary one if you are going to expect to "get over the wall" and have a FUTURE.
How many of us actually look at "THE FUTURE" in a positive way, considering all the issues that we appear to be facing? My guess is, "Not many and growing smaller!"
Why is this? Is it because for whatever reason that should seem obvious, there just doesn't appear to be any optimism in the future. Either that, or the fact that many folks have taken a fatalistic attitude toward what is going on now and have assumed that they won't live through whatever is going to happen. Isn't that a shame? How sad!
My attitude and (hopefully) yours is that there is going to be a future. In my last article, I discussed what I called "The Cornwallis Effect" and I meant that with all seriousness. Whatever is going to happen, (and we do believe SOMETHING IS going to happen to seriously change the world) there will still be people left to carry on with the business of life here on the earth.
Admittedly there won't be quite as many people "Left Behind" but assuredly there will be people on this earth after whatever vile and evil act is perpetrated on the human population by a small number of so-called "politicians" who think they "KNOW WHAT'S BEST FOR US" or some such nonsense. Expecting politicians to do their job and behave in the manner of the "WILL OF THE PEOPLE" who elected them appears now to be a lost cause. We've let them run amok with our lives and resources and will ultimately pay the price in the form of "The Great Catastrophe" very soon...or so it appears.
When we talk about "The Great Catastrophe" we do so with the intention of wanting people to believe that there will be "LIFE AFTERWARDS", regardless of how is is changed. What we need to do is to learn to live in the time before our nation became so overwhelmed with technology that there was no one who had ever imagined what life would be like without those technological advancements. And NO, regardless of what the "fear-mongers" are telling you to try and get you to buy THEIR products, we won't be sent back to the "STONE AGE."
What do I mean? Well, anyone who was born before 1860 certainly never saw or even imagined anything so amazing as the computer or even electricity. Imagine living without those things. Everyone in the world lived without the advancements of electricity and electronics for thousands of years and they managed to have full, happy lives. You will too, assuming you choose to do so.
One of the contributing writers to our town newspaper (a retired school principal) did a "survey" of a number of folks for the past several weeks, and the one question they asked folks this week was, "What one thing would you NOT want to live without?" Some responded they didn't really want to live without some of the modern conveniences such as "indoor plumbing" or "running water". One said she didn't want to live without her husband because he waits on her all the time. Of course there was the one, mindlessly immature person who answered, "I couldn't stand to live without my phone!"
Can you imagine the look on their face when the "Great Catastrophe" actually happens and their phone stops working for ever? They might actually have to look someone in the eye and speak to them. How awful! Well, how mindless can one be to think that living without the cell phone would make life unbearable? The fact of the matter is that most of the entire history of man on the planet earth was without the cell phone and so losing that capability would not seem all that difficult for most of us.
Being born in 1949 makes one much more aware that things we grew up not having till now are so new to humanity that we might have been just fine without them happening at all. It is a fact that we got to the moon using slide rules (for those of you who know what a slide rule actually is). Now, young people would be lost if they couldn't post to their Facebook account and let everyone know they broke a fingernail. What is wrong with this picture?
When you stop to think about this, it is important to realize that in the very near "future" we are probably going to be put into a situation where we are going to have to live without many of the "modern conveniences" that have been available in this country for such a relatively short period of time but that are still not available in much of the world, even today.
How do you plan to cope with the changes? (And don't give me the "Why should I worry cause I won't be alive?"excuse.) If you are living in a very large city, you may be right. You may not survive the Phase I events or even be capable of dealing with the Phase II events. (If you do NOT know what I refer to by Phase I and Phase II, please see last week's article.
For those of you who are among the "ANTS" in the population (remember Aesop?) you are reading this thinking, "I'm concerned, but not paralyzed by the concept of the situation." You've planned and practiced for years and may even be slightly perplexed that it hasn't happened yet. You are getting older and thus have some concerns that as you age, the ability to cope with the "changes back to the way Great Grandma lived" will be more difficult because of your advancing age and progressively weaker condition. Getting water from the well is not intellectually challenging, but the act of carrying a bucket with 40 lbs. of water in it might just be a bit more than you'd prefer to handle. Yes, that is the dilemma some of us aging "baby boomers" are facing.
Of course there are the "grasshoppers" among us whose attitude is, "I don't have to prepare for this, I'll just kill the ones who have and take their stuff." While this is NOT an unheard of philosophy, it is NOT a wise one. The ones who HAVE prepared for this time may object and since many of them have not only stored food, water and other "niceties" of life, they have probably stored some weapons and bullets to use because they would object to being victims of the "grasshoppers" among our population.
Yes, the grasshoppers will make the excuse that they are justified in stealing from others because they have to feed their families but then why aren't they working on having that predicament figured out now so they don't have to be stuck in such a conundrum?
More likely than not, if you are reading this, you are among the "ant" population who believe in hard work and storing necessary items for "hard times" such that I am "preaching to the choir" but rest assured, the "grasshoppers" are out there having "hurricane parties" and waiting for you to "let your guard down".
While this is a deeply concerning issue, it is none the less a real one. Those of you who have done your "due diligence" and worked hard to be ready for this are going to be vilified by the liberal politically motivated "grasshoppers" who will try to make you feel guilty that you don't want to feed them. Why? They will also attempt to belittle you because they are hungry, their children are hungry and your should be a good "Christian" and help the poor starving members of society in difficult times so they can have the strength to stab you in the back the very minute they get the chance. The weakness you display when you do give them some food will be rewarded by the "grasshoppers" coming back later with the rest of the swarm of grasshoppers to take ALL of your supplies and possibly (more than likely) kill you and your family because the "grasshoppers" grew up believing they are ENTITLED to take whatever they need WHENEVER they think they need it. This is the source of the coming tragedy of this nation.
There are so many "entitled" persons who have been dependent on the U.S. Gov't for so long that they actually believe they are "entitled" to take whatever they think THEY need in order to survive another day, regardless of who they hurt to do it.
While this may seem harsh and absurd to you now, read the work of an individual named "Selco" who lived through the Balkan conflict and you will see what vicious animals your neighbors can become when they are hungry and know YOU have food. PREPARE for THIS contingency NOW.
If after several months of hunger and difficult times, your angry neighbors (or anyone who just happens to show up in your area) notices that you are NOT losing weight and looking ill just like they do, will be showing up on YOUR doorstep DEMANDING that you share what you have, knowing that as soon as you do, they will be coming to take it all as soon as you are asleep or "looking the other way."
What are you going to do about that? You have several options, none of which are pleasant or considered "neighborly" now and will certainly be a difficult decision in the face of this dilemma. Take the time now to consider how you will deal with this when that moment in time comes because it WILL come.
Entitled people do NOT understand that the world does NOT owe them a living. Many of them were brought into this world as the result of poor personal planning and often no planning at all. They don't know who their parents are or (in many cases) only know their mother. Their father was a "fly by night" visitor and never once gave any thought to supporting the woman and children to whom they donated genetic material to procreate. They go about life in this manner and assume that it is someone else's responsibility to feed, clothe and house the folks they leave behind.
Yes, this sounds rather harsh and unkind but the fact that this country is full of people with that type of mentality should make you think long and hard about the choices facing you in the coming times we all call "the future."
What happens to you in "The Future" is going to depend on a lot of things but the one most important thing is what you are doing right now and how that is going to help you when the future of today becomes the TODAY of then.
Stop and consider how you will deal with these things and how you will respond to them. We've all seen the picture of the three year old Syrian child lying on the beach after drowning. That child did NOT have to drown, but the MSM has beaten you over the head with their guilt trip (primarily emanating from the liberals whose wealth is assured but whose attitude is that someone else should "share the wealth" and "pay their fair share." )
Don't be fooled by that rhetoric. Those are the folks who will be eating in deep underground caves and shelters all built and supplied with the tax money they extracted from your paycheck because I am convinced they won't be welcoming YOU (or anyone else without that U.S. Gov't Gold Key Card) to those underground shelters when the time comes.
Take a moment and look at the future. Decide how you want to be involved with "the future" and take the steps to ensure that you, your family and those whose LIVES MATTER TO YOU will be prepared to deal with that future or accept the fact that others will do that thinking for you and will probably NOT be your friend when that time comes.
As always, YMMV
Trim sends
//BT//
Visit SOS General Store for all your
jpf1030

Return to Awareness