[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
BSOSCBlog.com • View topic - Question on Using Biochar For Shelter Radiation Protection

Question on Using Biochar For Shelter Radiation Protection

Question on Using Biochar For Shelter Radiation Protection

Postby jpf1030 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:31 pm

Howdy All,
I've had another idea for radiation protection for a shelter, be it separate or a room in our homes. It may be totally crazy, so I have submitted it to the scientists and other smart guys from around the world who are members of the Canadian Biochar Initiative. Below is pasted the inquiry letter posted to their site. If any of you have any scientific knowledge as to the possibility of this, your reply would be most appreciated...jpf
******************************************************************************************************************************************
Howdy All,
Thanks again for all your great response to my question about biochar on garden soils for radiation protection. Now I have a totally different, once again brain storm or fart (?) question in utilizing biochar for radiation protection. This one is construction related, more into our area of expertise. In pondering the serious issues for most folks in retrofitting an area of their home for radiation shelter considering the overlay necessity of 3' of soil or 2' of solid concrete being in excess of structural load bearing capacity in the majority of homes or wood frame structures. This prompted me to think about building a two foot high "box" on the roof of a section of our home to be filled with biochar, either solely or layered every six inches with heavy plastic sheeting. If this would add some worthwhile additional degree of radiation protection, it would not exceed the structural load bearing limitations of hardly any structure. My apologies if I'm getting too far off track of the intents and purposes of this site. Thanks a bunch to anyone willing to lend their expertise to this question.
Happy Preparedness Trails,
Jim
Visit SOS General Store for all your
jpf1030

Re: Question on Using Biochar For Shelter Radiation Protecti

Postby wesurvive » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:58 am

That is a good idea, I might do something similar then if it works well enough.

Thinking of how much bio-char I need if I make it 1 foot high and covers my whole roof. Goodness, I need more burn barrels.
You Must Survive. So prepare for it.
wesurvive

Return to Disaster Resistant