BSOSC Alternative Energy Development Projects

BSOSC Alternative Energy Development Projects

Postby jpf1030 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:48 pm

Howdy All,
I am posting the below reply I wrote to another thread because this is a very important subject worthy of its own posting. With what is rapidly starting to escalate on petrol fuel prices and supply, the below info and joint effort by many BSOSC members could quickly become critically important...jpf
******************************************************************************************************************************************
Howdy WeSurvive,
I'm glad you have alerted folks to these 3 alternative fuel sources: 1) Ethanol; 2) Wood Gas; and 3) Hydrogen. We have also been researching magnetic, electric bio-fuels like bio-diesel, WVO (waste vegetable oil), pressed seed oil, etc. We have been working on all three of the three you mention, for which I will give a short update report of R&D for each:
1) Ethanol...The far and away best book on ethanol is Alcohol Can Be A Gas by David Blume, which we have in the BSOSC library. Building an alcohol/ethanol fuel still has been on our agenda for couple of years. It has kept getting pushed back with more urgent projects. There are good still plans in this book. We have a couple of guys wanting to start building one in our shop if they can ever get time. We have most of the materials already that will be needed. I guess we need one person with time and passion for building an ethanol still to get that project off the ground. We will be more than happy to let any BSOSC members attend and assist in a workshop on this project.
2) Wood Gas...This is a very high priority project for us. Now that we have proven we can build a highly efficient wood gasifier to burn the gases in a heat exchanger for a hot water heating system and generation of domestic hot water, we are ready to move to the next phase of building a gasifier to generate gases to run engines, be they stationary generator or vehicle engines. We are hooked up with some very knowledgeable guys in this area which will help get this system developed rapidly. All we have to learn on these is how to fabricate the most efficient filtering and cooling system to make the gases safely usable.
3) Hydrogen...We have hydrogen generator kits and auto installation kits in our SOS General Store. These are high quality units Mac put together. We had the plates precision laser cut from higher grade, thicker stainless steel than others use. We also put together an optional nice auto installation kit for the hydrogen generator kits. Mac is a good info source on both of these since he is running one on his car.
4) Bio-fuels...As you know, Mac is making bio-diesel. We have a processor we never have hooked up. We have done a good bit of research into oil seed presses and algae bio-fuel in addition to WVO. There is good potential for oil seeds as a raw material supply if we work out a deal with a farmer to exchange fuel for the seed crop. The beauty of this process is that there is no waste. The pulp from the pressed seeds is a high nutrient livestock feed.
5) Electric...We considered at one point to build an electric vehicle as many DIY'ers have done. This is still a possibility to look into.
6) Magnetic...Like you, we had worked on a design for an electro-magnetic motor. Our idea was to build it on a stripped down engine block so any car could be converted to the "fuel" source. After much research into magnet suppliers and other components, the project kind of fell by the wayside from lack of funds and time.

Though we have poked at all these alternative fuel sources we have not been able to get them into full production. We can only hope there is sufficient prep time remaining to get at least some of them done. Hopefully, our task force leader and other BSOSC members will want to get involved in as many as possible of these alternative energy project developments, because we will share the progress with all...jpf
jpf1030

Re: BSOSC Alternative Energy Development Projects

Postby wesurvive » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:13 am

I am Absolutely interested in helping with any of these projects even with my other projects at hand. I only need a few more magnets to start working with a 12 volt DC magnet motor, which I think is near completion once I get the two magnets. It is something like the Bedini motor, but with some modifications.

Once I get ahold of a bike tire I will also build a demo Bedini unit, which will be able to charge batteries continuously like in Bedini's videos.

I do have one 25 gallon ethanol still I made with someone else, but still have not fired it up yet as I wanted to have a fireproof area to work in. So when the warmer weather hits I will get a chance to really test it out.

Also, for those reading this remember if you have something you need and still have not picked it up, check out www.sosgeneralstore.com and get your orders in before prices go up. Now is the time to get even the basics and things you will need for any disaster. So far while everyone else's prices are going up, the SOS store prices have stayed pretty much the same. So get it while it is still a great deal.

Again, get your orders in at www.sosgeneralstore.com so you have it when you need it.

What should be on your NEED list?
Seeds. They are heirloom organic seeds.
Mopp gear.
Lights, lamps, flashlights, windup or solar. LED lights.
Power bars, granola bars for your BOB (Bug out bags)
Chia seeds, one gallon lasts a long time. I still haven't used a quarter of it yet and had it for a few months now and I put it on cereal, oatmeal, sandwiches, even just grab a pinch before I head out the door to work. A great energy filled seed that is healthy for you.
Bug out bags, there is a great selection of bug out bags that are genuine military surplus and if you want a bag you can carry for miles without hurting your back, they have a great selection at the SOS store.
They have a huge selection of must have survival items for your bug out bag, so check out their great selection.

www.sosgeneralstore.com

Check it out, see what they have that you may have forgot to include in your list or enjoy some of the great deals. If you don't have it you should get it while the time is right and there is still some little time left to get prepared.

How much longer before America is in a huge protest state where food, gas and even electric are no longer available? Think it won't happen with millions losing their jobs every month? The time is coming. I think school teachers in several States will gladly say they thought their jobs were secure too. Now they are out of a job. Now the Government has an Internet kill switch, once riots get out of hand, there will be no internet to just buy what you want. So get it while you can now.

You Must Survive.
You Must Survive. So prepare for it.
wesurvive

Return to Man Made Energy