Motorized bike for sale

Motorized bike for sale

Postby montanamac » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:46 pm

Howdy all ...

I have a new full suspension gasoline powered mens bike for sale. This bike has a Robin/Suburu four cycle engine that you can expect between 180 and 220 miles per gallon of gasoline. The manufacture of the engine kit http://www.staton-inc.com has past customers with many thousands of miles on these units. Very dependable. Very quiet!

The following is taken from their web site describing the drive unit installed on my bike.

GC Robin Subaru EH035 33.5 cc 1.60 Hp Four Cycle Axle Mounted Gear & Chain Drive kit with the 21.76 factory tank that fits up tighter to the engine and is held in place by three rubber mounts. This kit will mount on most all types of bikes and tadpole trikes. With the engine mounted about 14" lower on a 26” wheel, the noise is much less and the center of gravity is great.
Every customer that has ordered one of these and has installed it LOVES the kit.
Good for riders up to 260 lbs. Top speed about 25 to 28 mpg

I am well over 200 pounds and this little engine will put me down the road at a really good clip (I don't have a speedometer on the bike) with no peddling! You can climb moderate hills with no assistance and climb pretty steep ones with minimum peddling to assist this mighty little engine.

This bike also has a custom built trailer hitch which is included. Light weight bike trailers are available at an affordable price. Can you imagine having a super cheap way to go to the grocery store, or simply haul stuff from place to place when gas prices soar above $5 or more per gallon? All you need is this bike and a trailer and you are in business.

I will part with my bike for $800 federal reserve notes or 40 one oz silver rounds.

Call Mac at 406/360-3254 for more info or to arrange a demo ride ...
Attachments
motor bike 4-2-20104.jpg
motor bike 4-2-20104.jpg (289.52 KiB) Viewed 3935 times
motor bike 4-2-20106.jpg
motor bike 4-2-20106.jpg (290.68 KiB) Viewed 3935 times
motor bike 4-2-20103.jpg
motor bike 4-2-20103.jpg (241.91 KiB) Viewed 3935 times
montanamac

Photos of Mac's...Re: Motorized bike for sale

Postby jpf1030 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:10 pm

Howdy All,
Here are the photos of the new motorized bike Mac just built and has for sale. It is a fun, awesome alternative transportation...jpf

jpf1030

Re: Motorized bike for sale

Postby dewbaker » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:41 pm

I had the opportunity to take this bike for a test run, and frankly was very surprised at how well it performed. I was even more surprised when Mac told me it is capable of getting 200 miles on a tank of gas!! I am sure that may vary depending on the terrain, degree of grade (uphill or down) and weight of the rider, but it is definitely on my wish list. :D
dewbaker

Postby montanamac » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:43 pm

Well ... that is almost right ... I am told by the factory that you can expect from 180 to 220 miles per gallon.

Also, when Dewey had his test ride there was only about 20 miles on the new engine. The manufacture informed me that after about 200 miles or so, the engine should start to "break in" and to expect about 25% increase in power from this little engine.

I can tell the engine is getting stronger and stronger every ride I take.

Mac
montanamac

Postby montanamac » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:17 pm

Howdy all ...

When I started to consider a "motorized" bike my research revealed several different configurations and options for engines and drive systems. The choices are 2 or 4 cycle engines with drive systems ranging from various chain drive configurations to belt drives and friction drives which press directly on the rear tire.

My background mainly centers in the mechanical arena. As such, the direct axle mount system or the engine/transmission mounted over the rear tire, both with direct chain drive, seemed to be the most logical and trouble free systems. The friction tire drive seems less than ideal.

When I first researched this "axle drive unit" I was concerned that the balance of the bike would be thrown off because the engine/transmission is mounted off to one side.

Well, after my first ride, I have found that you do not even notice any difference from riding a "normal" bike. I think it is a combination of the light weight of the engine/transmission plus the low center of gravity of the mounting that makes this perceived "balance" issue go away.

Mac 406/360-3254
Call Mac for a test ride ... I think you will be pleasantly surprised.
montanamac

Postby MikeG » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:18 pm

Having lived in some larger cities I have seen these types of bikes and other vehicles used many times. Many who live in a city know the value of a parking space and sometimes how hard it is to leave it for fear it will be taken. This is one reason many have bought motorized scooters, bikes, and even skateboards to use to rat around town. They're cheap to buy, economical to run, require no registration (although some cities do try), no insurance, and best of all can be stored in areas you wouldn't or can't put a motorcycle. Fuel storage isn't a really big issue either as far as quantity goes. A tankful for an engine like this is what? half a gallon? Try discreetly storing a tankful of gas for my pickup. That requires SIX 5 gallon gas cans. Do the math and figure what it would take to store up enough gas for a years supply for one of these bikes vs your avg car. Deffinately a great alternative when fuel prices are really high and especially when it becomes scarce.

I tried out the 3 wheeled bike that Mac had hooked up to one of these motors. While I wouldn't try to run an motocross races with it, it certainly would do fine on any roads around our area and a few trails with the right wheels and tires. The ability to have a basket on a three wheeler or pull a small trailer with it or a two wheeled bike give it great options for hauling all kinds of things. The ability to move over long distances without having to exhaust yourself with peddling all the time is enough to sell me on this set up. The engine is so light that even if you run out of fuel, you hardly notice it when peddling if at all.
MikeG

JPF reply to Mike...Re: Motorized bike for sale

Postby jpf1030 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:03 am

Howdy Mike,

You are right on with your detailed comments. Mac deserves kudos for not only bringing the importance of having this alternative mode to the forefront of our thought processes, but for doing such comprehensive research in finding the absolutely best, high quality motorization kit on the market, plus he has done all the work on building the prototypes.

Mac and our www.sosgeneralstore.com are joint venturing on providing these motorized bicycles, tricycles and kits at unbeatable prices. We really don't care if people get these rigs from us or wherever they choose, they should just be smart enough to get something like this somewhere. People sure don't have to want to look back and say, "Why did I not get it when I had a chance"?

Thanks for reminding people how important it is to have alternative transportation like this that can be used daily in our present lives.

Happy Preparedness Trails,

Jim
jpf1030

Postby eleanor123 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:08 am

Great bikes and really great images thanks for sharing such nice pictures,and the bikes looks stunning and perfect..
eleanor123

Return to BSOSC Barter Bulletin & Trading Post