Urgency of BSOSC Get-Off-The-Food-Grid Campaign

Urgency of BSOSC Get-Off-The-Food-Grid Campaign

Postby jpf1030 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:52 pm

Howdy All,
Below is a reply I posted to WeSurvive's post in the thread on poisons being put into our food and hygiene products. The time has never been so important in pushing ahead on our BSOSC Off-The-Food-Grid campaign. I posted on this subject months ago and have brought it up in a number of BSOSC meetings. If you agree on the urgent need of development efforts toward accomplishing this project, please post your thoughts, ideas and ways you want to participate to help make this happen for the benefit of yourself and all BSOSC members..jpf
*******************************************************************************************************************************************
Howdy WeSurvive,
Thanks a bunch for your excellent points in response to my post. I had put this up to further substantiate the need for our goal of getting off the food grid. We should make you the campaign manager for the Get-Off-The-Food-Grid campaign! (lol) The GE and GM foods combined with all the chemicals keeps the medical, pharmaceutical and funeral industries robust. With so many BSOSC members now putting in gardens, greenhouses, aquaponics, hydroponics systems, root cellars, doing canning, dehydrating, et al, we are getting closer to getting off the food grid than many may realize. With a number of us getting goats and cows for milking and making cheese, raising beef, goats, pigs, chickens, ducks, geese, turkeys for meat and eggs from chickens and ducks, we are making good progress. Several members are planting fruit trees and berries and some are looking into getting bee hives for honey. None of us can do every single one of these things, but among us, we can cover them all. Each producer can barter their excess for the excess of others that we will be able to have wholesome supply of every single aforementioned item. Hopefully, this will become a mission of the Task Force #4-Food & Health leaders and committee chairmen therein to coordinate an effort by all BSOSC members to be producers of some of the off-the-food-grid items we will all need. Our family will certainly do our part to try to produce some excess in the items we are doing for trade for the other items we can't do ourselves. Butchering the hog last year was a fun group activity as I'm sure butchering the cow this year will be. As you point out, we know those in power evidently do not care about our good health through good food or they would not be engaged in all the unscrupulous activities of chemicals, GM foods and unconstitutional legislation like the horrible US Senate bill, S510. It would seem that now is the time for a very concerted effort to make our goal of off-the-food-grid into a reality. I will also post this as its own post due to the critical importance of this project. I have not even addressed above, the other critical aspect of this project, that being the disruption of food supplies in the wake of a catastrophic event. In that scenario people would even be clamoring for those bad foods which would be in short or non-supply...jpf
jpf1030

Re: Urgency of BSOSC Get-Off-The-Food-Grid Campaign

Postby wesurvive » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:30 am

I agree this should be brought up at meetings and emphasize the importance of getting off the food grid and dependent upon ourselves for everything (or each other) and not rely on the Government to feed or cloth us in any fashion. As you said, when something does happen those who depend on the Government will not have the Government there when they need something and surely the Government will only supply fluoride water and chemical laden foods or GM foods to the people who line up in the food lines.

I am truly trying to get my other room done (my house even itself) so I can put up some sort of hydro phonics and indoor green house. I am looking at and perhaps some can help with ideas in which foods grow faster (sprouts, mushrooms, etc.) that can provide nutrition and value to our daily diet that we can grow continuously throughout the year in our green houses. I would like to even grow some indoor berry bushes if possible (Indoor greenhouse). Every bit helps.

It should be something brought up at every meeting. I am so concerned about what I eat that I am now only buying a few items the store and living off anything else that is natural from nature. My little pine trees are tasting pretty good, but it is nice to have other varieties of food in my food chain. haha. (well it's not that bad yet. haha) well., the sagebrush is looking pretty tasty. =)

What it boils down to is our health and if we can grow healthy nutritious food and avoid those chemicals and additives and GM foods, our children or grandchildren will not born with one eye and three arms and we will live much healthier happier lives even when the world falls apart.

We may have to be reminded over and over again at each meeting how important this is, but each person will eventually do something about it when the next time they go into a grocery store and look at a label of a can of Kale and not just see Kale, water and salt, but find a dozen things that are not even food on the label. Who wants to eat that?

I don't see many reading these posts at times and I think a lot this you talk about should be repeated at the meetings. I wonder if people even turn on their computer let alone look at the latest posts. But, in time I will keep growing.
You Must Survive. So prepare for it.
wesurvive

Postby jpf1030 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:29 pm

I certainly understand your passion of saying people need reminding over and over at meetings of these things and that they would really benefit by reading the posting info on this blog. However, people have tired at meetings of me being so adamant in repeating these things at meetings and rattling on about getting active on the blog. Quite a few have made it clear to me that they have lives to live which keep them too busy to be so gung-ho as me. I appreciate that as it is obvious and accepted in my self-assessment that I'm not quite normal in being so emphatically determined in my efforts in these areas. So in respect to the other members and the many demands upon their time, accepting their counsel that I was getting a bit pushy on these things, I've backed way off and am in the process of backing off considerably more. Rather than urging on others so much to the point of sounding "preachy", we are going to focus on our own family preps and work with those who desire to participate with us in various projects. I will keep posting info on the blog to help those average 4-7 people like you who bother reading them and keep coming up with some special event classes like Dr. Karve, the beef butchering, gasifier construction and a number of others in planning stages. However, I have to differ a little with you in your reckoning that these things should be constantly reminded in meetings, at least from me. I guess a new voice in the wilderness is needed. One thing I could really use your help on is downloading all the info from this blog to have it saved if the internet goes down...jpf
jpf1030

Postby wesurvive » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:26 am

I guess I missed that part about people getting tired about being reminded. haha. No worries, I guess I would feel the same way if people kept reminding me they had a life to live and not be so worried about having food when they really will need it. Strange as it sounds. haha.

I am also ahead of you on the downloading the entire website. I have prepared to already start downloading it tomorrow. I should take only a few hours to do. Then I will try and record all the outside information posted as well, as much of it that I can. Then I will save it all to DVD data format so you have a copy and will try to do it every month or so after. If you prefer to have it on a flashdrive, if you can ahold of an 8 gig flashdrive I will be happy to put it on that for you as well. DVD data disk should work for now since it is not that big I don't think, but eventually over time this site may grow to be huge and may require larger flashdrives to load it onto. So far, I think it is far less than 2 gig.

Well, I will keep posting and hopefully get the word out about this site and its wonderful information. Then we may see more people adding comments and viewing the needed information more. =)
wesurvive

Postby jpf1030 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:34 am

Hey WeSurvive,
Thanks a bunch. You are a real treasure to this site. All your many efforts are greatly appreciated. We do have some extra external hard drives as well as some jump drives. That may be better than CD as I can imagine the nightmare of a headache you would incur in trying to further sort and index all the info. My eyes roll backwards just thinking about that. I probably can't help myself in feeling the need to continue reminding people to prepare even in this vicarious method via posting much "how-to" and "why-to" info from the many sources to which I am subscribed...jpf
jpf1030

Postby wesurvive » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:26 am

Well its a big process, but it has to be done. If you want to use the Jump Drives that is good too. It would be like a monthly or bi-monthly back up thing so if you want I can spend some time going over it with you on how to download the website (if time for you permits) or whenever it is handy. It will take a few hours of going over, unless you want me to just back it up for you bi-monthly or monthly. I can do it either way for you to help out this forum and help ease the load on you all.

I will get everything set up and this weekend you can let me know. That way I can still do it from my end and copy the website onto which ever device or disk you prefer.

Yes, I agree, we need more how-to's on this site about everything so when we want it, it is there for easy access without spending hours looking for the stuff online.

I will start a massive build up of information to post on here about energy, wind, aether and hopefully you can fill in on the Pyramid energy since I am still new in that area.
wesurvive

Postby jpf1030 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:19 pm

Taking care of downloading the BSOSC would be a great way for you to give very valuable service in BSOSC. There is so very much to do in prepping with seemingly little time before a major event that it is a blessing in my mind for BSOSC to have such an enthusiastic and dedicated newer member like yourself. I will be happy to keep posting info on pyramids as I'm in communication with a number of the pyramid experts and sites on a regular basis...jpf
jpf1030

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:39 pm

Just in case----failure of e-format backup or failure of any other power issues, paper backups of the most important information would be most helpful. We have been doing that for some time.
Elizabeth

Return to Food Production